A marketing angle to explore: farm shop could explore the idea of retailing BBQ wear by offering a range of clothing and accessories that are specifically designed for outdoor cooking and BBQing. This could include items such as aprons, gloves, hats, and even specialized BBQ tongs and utensils.
In the UK, the popularity of outdoor cooking and BBQing has been on the rise in recent years. According to a survey conducted by the National BBQ Association in 2021, 90% of UK households own a BBQ or grill, and 39% of respondents reported that they use their BBQ or grill once a week or more.
Additionally, the same survey found that the number of people who smoke meat has increased by 120% over the past three years. This suggests that there is a growing interest in BBQing and outdoor cooking and that there is a market for specialized BBQ wear and accessories.
In terms of demographics, the survey found that BBQing is particularly popular among younger people, with 63% of 18-34-year-olds reporting that they own a BBQ or grill. This suggests that a farm shop could target this demographic by offering stylish and trendy BBQ wear that appeals to younger consumers.
Overall, there is a growing market for BBQ wear and accessories in the UK, and a farm shop could capitalize on this trend by offering a range of high-quality products that cater to the needs of outdoor cooking enthusiasts.
Some marketing ideas that a farm shop could explore to promote a range of BBQ wear and accessories:
- Social media advertising: Utilize social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook to target younger audiences and promote the new range of BBQ wear.
- Influencer marketing: Partner with popular influencers in the BBQ and outdoor cooking niche to promote the new range of BBQ wear and accessories to their followers.
- Email marketing: Send out targeted email campaigns to existing customers and subscribers, highlighting the new range of BBQ wear and accessories and offering special discounts or promotions.
- In-store displays: Create eye-catching displays in-store to showcase the new range of BBQ wear and accessories and encourage customers to try them out.
- Collaborate with other local businesses: Partner with local restaurants, bars, or breweries to create a BBQ-themed event or promotion featuring the new range of BBQ wear and accessories.
- Offer free samples or demos: Host a BBQ event or demo day in-store or at a local park, allowing customers to try out the new range of BBQ wear and accessories.
- Launch a social media contest: Encourage customers to share photos of themselves using the new range of BBQ wear and accessories on social media, and offer prizes for the best entries.
- Create video content: Produce video content showcasing the new range of BBQ wear and accessories in use, and share it on social media platforms and your website.
- Host a giveaway: Offer customers the chance to win a selection of the new BBQ wear and accessories by signing up for a newsletter or following the farm shop on social media.
- Offer personalized recommendations: Train staff members to offer personalized recommendations for customers based on their specific BBQ and outdoor cooking needs and highlight the new range of BBQ wear and accessories during these interactions